Morgan Spurlock: Inside ManJoin us for Season 3 in 2015
April 25th, 2014

Behind that puppy in the window

Morgan Spurlock explores the world of puppy mills, shelters and pedigree.

Tune in Sunday, 10pm ET/PT

Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. Jon

Great show! Thanks for informing the public about shelters, and the wonderful, heartfelt work performed daily by so many.
    Shelter animals need good homes, and good homes need shelter animals. And Petey got adopted! Yeah Petey!!!!! That made my night.

May 5, 2014 at 4:16 pm | Reply
  2. roberta claypool

Thank you for airing "Pets in America"

April 29, 2014 at 9:59 pm | Reply
  3. Greg Potter

Thank you, Morgan, for doing this piece in promotion of rescued animals and the tragic outcomes of puppy mills. More than that, thank you for giving up the idea of the "dream dog" you promised yourself as a child in favor of advocating personally for adoption. I, too, believe that education is the key. Two years ago, my wife and I adopted a lovable but troubled "Boxton" (Boston terrier-Boxer mix) who, despite all our love and attention, developed fear-biting behaviors that did not respond to behavioral intervention. We ultimately surrendered him after he severely injured a repairman. My wife and I were devastated and dumbstruck, mostly by our own ignorance as first-time pet parents. The experience inspired me to develop Rescue Legacy, a soon-to-be launched website promoting responsible pet adoption and a lifetime of devoted pet care while encouraging a deeper understanding of the companion animal-human bond. Morgan, your treatment of this important topic served to inch my dream closer to a reality! Thank you!

April 29, 2014 at 1:20 am | Reply
  4. Cheryl

Excellent job on dog shelters!! I volunteer at one and it is really sad. Hopefully, you educated a lot of people.

I noticed that you are covering the NSA stealing personal information next week. It is probably too late, but just to let you know – cancer patients are having all of their personal information stolen from them. The CDC is funding the states to collect the names, addresses, date of birth, sex, social security number, and medical records of all cancer patients. Like cancer patients don't have enough to worry about. I am a cancer patient and found out after my personal and medical records were taken without my knowledge or consent. They say the personal information is so they don't "double count" patients. They is garbage – they can you codes like zip code, sex, age without the personal information. This information can also be given to researchers without a patient's knowledge or consent. They "claim" that they don't give out the personal information to researchers (just medical records), but I do not believe them. The state of Oregon even sent out a letter to over 2,800 cancer patients right before Christmas (one of the worst times of the year to bother cancer patients). They even sent one to me when I had already told them to never contact me.

Take care and keep up the good work!
    Cheryl

April 28, 2014 at 11:22 pm | Reply
  5. Jackie Miller

Great show, Morgan! I've been involved in dog and cat rescue and fostering since 1986, and your show presented a fair and balanced view of an average week at a shelter. Thank you for spotlighting pet overpopulation, and promoting spay/neuter!

PS I still think of that poor newborn calf you helped rescue. You sure are a great filmmaker!

April 28, 2014 at 8:15 pm | Reply
  6. JT

Thank you for shining a light on companion animal welfare. Please focus on farm animals next. Love ya, Morgan! I'll watch anything you do.

April 28, 2014 at 6:50 pm | Reply
  7. Connie

I have been in the Rescue and Shelter business for 35 years. This program, that took us into the day to day life in an actual Shelter, was the best I have seen to date. Thank you for sharing what those of us who volunteer as "Staff" in animal Shelters do every day.
    Is there any way to buy this segment? It would make an informative and interesting watch for those just starting out.
    Connie in Kern County California.

April 28, 2014 at 6:50 pm | Reply
  8. Lauri. Bell

I would like to see a report from Morgan on the pitbull debate! As a responsible owner of 30 years, increasing irresponsible ownership and the debate over BSL and bans are responsible for anti zealots taking the law into their own hands by poisoning, shooting and stabbing innocent dogs as well as harassing responsible owners!

April 28, 2014 at 4:53 pm | Reply
  9. Jackie Raven

It'a wonderful to see these sweet little orphans on camera, and to hear about the importance of saving a life by adopting from a shelter or rescue group, rather than buying an animal from a store or breeder. Thanks for the coverage.

April 28, 2014 at 3:34 pm | Reply
  10. lindakreuzburg

AlThey deservel puppies should get adopted from a shelter or a rescue and not getting puppies from a pet shop or petstore. They deserve to be adopted into a loving home with a family and other people who will love and care for them instead of going to a shelter to be euthanized.

April 28, 2014 at 2:37 pm | Reply
  11. Elaine Livesey-Fassel

This viewer , while an animal advocate of many years and one who is well aware of the profound concerns of the hell of the puppy-mil industry, was so grateful for the moving and relevant hour about the good work of the Animal Rescue League hosted by the empathetic Morgan Spurlock! This episode covered all but the actual euthanasia ( which I believe should be shown to the public) and was extremely informative about the whole topic of the problem of what to do with the rejects of an irresponsible public too willfully ignorant of their actions. As usual government agencies and/or good rescue groups must pick up those responsibilities. ! Wonderful to meet dear Lucy and Petey! THANK YOU, Morgan!

April 28, 2014 at 1:04 pm | Reply
  12. Amy

A BIG many thanks to both CNN and Morgan Spurlock for taking such an important issue and broadcasting it to a large audience!! As an animal lover, CNN will now get more of my viewing time for airing this piece. Thanks again and keep up the great work!!

April 28, 2014 at 12:53 pm | Reply
  13. Christine Dwyer

This episode should be mandatory for all people to watch. I think high school kids should have to watch this so they can make better pet decisions as adults and maybe it would prompt them to volunteer and help end animal abuse. And I especially love the fact that Morgan threw in about how people spend thousands of dollars on "designer breeds" when you can just go down to your local shelter. THANK YOU! I am a professional dog groomer of 30 years and I am so disgusted when people are proud to tell me they spent upwards of $3000.00 on their "labradoodle" or what-not. Every single day when people tell me they are looking for a dog I always refer them to the many shelters in the region.And when people tell me how they want to breed their "cutie pie" I tell them that's where most of the shelter dogs come from is people who breed for no reason (I always loose those people as clients). Morgan covered every aspect of why animals end up in shelters. Thank you for speaking for us!

April 28, 2014 at 9:06 am | Reply
  14. Always liked Morgan but now he has been elevated to Superhero status. Lovely episode of this show, I wish he was able to do the same here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/141454872066/

Always liked Morgan, but now he has been elevated to Superhero status. Lovely episode of this show, I wish he was able to do the same here https://www.facebook.com/groups/141454872066/

April 28, 2014 at 7:23 am | Reply
  15. Sandra M

Wonderful show tonight on 'Pets in America'.

April 28, 2014 at 2:14 am | Reply
  16. Larry Fiehn

Thank you so much for this show. I am a very active volunteer at our local, wonderful Bowling Green Warren County Humane Society here in Bowling Green, KY. I cannot disagree with anything presented in the program, as it is ALL completely true. Thank you again, Morgan and CNN.

April 28, 2014 at 12:04 am | Reply
  17. Dawn Rehill

Thank you Thank you for the show bout animal shelters . I volunteer at the shelter here in Jackson, Wyoming and you were right on with what goes on ! Hope this does bring people to adopt at a shelter cause these dogs rock ! Trust me I know ! Thank you again !

April 27, 2014 at 11:26 pm | Reply
  18. Elizabeth

Nice job, thorough coverage of a subject very near and dear to my heart. I foster for Raleigh County Humane Society in Beckley, WV. Also cofounder of Operation Underdog who assist HSRC, our community, as well as ither southern WV shelters with rescue/foster/transport efforts. Thanks for bringing national coverage to this issue! "Sometimes the perfect dog can be found in the imperfect one."

April 27, 2014 at 11:15 pm | Reply
  19. Nancy

Thank you SO much for your excellent program tonight about animal shelters! I always enjoy your show, but this was personal. I've adopted many dogs over the past 20 yrs. and promote spay/neuter programs and proper animal care. You gave a great portrayal of the difficult and important work done in animal shelters today.

April 27, 2014 at 11:08 pm | Reply
  20. Diana

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Your documentary on homeless pets was wonderful. As an animal rescuer, thank you so much for bringing to light our challenges that we deal with daily. I hope your program enlightens anyone thinking of "buying" that new puppy.

April 27, 2014 at 11:06 pm | Reply
  21. elliesandmonkey

Thanks Morgan for reminding us that purchasing a designer pooch is a death sentence for the rejects.
    We won't put gas chambers out of service until we close down breeders first

April 27, 2014 at 9:57 pm | Reply
  22. Karen Dawn

Morgan Spurlock, it is awesome that you are covering this issue, letting people know what they support when they buy dogs. Your show is terrific and tonight it will be super meaningful as well. Thank you!

April 27, 2014 at 5:41 pm | Reply