Morgan Spurlock Inside ManNext episode: Sunday April 27 @ 10pm ET/PT on CNN
July 11th, 2013

Morgan Spurlock struggles to meet orange tub quota

Morgan Spurlock learns exactly how many oranges he has to pick in order to make a decent living wage when he takes on the work of a migrant farm worker on this week's "Inside Man."

Watch Sunday at 10pm. Only on CNN.

Filed under: Morgan Spurlock
  1. Chet

I did not see anyplace in this segment where he tried to contact those of us (white farm laborers) who grew up working the fields. To me this makes his presentation lop sided. If he would like to update the story, I can be reached at bm.pti.alex@gmail.com.

July 28, 2013 at 3:16 pm | Reply
  2. Carol

There is no personal income tax in Florida. So, it is very curious that the documented workers are paying a Florida tax... Wondering exactly what that is.

July 20, 2013 at 9:53 am | Reply
  3. Jay R

I would be interested in helping Carlos and his family through an anonymous donation....if anyone from CNN reads this comment, could you make this possible – perhaps through a charitable fund?

July 17, 2013 at 10:27 am | Reply
    • RR

I agree! Let us know how we can help Pasqual and his family!

December 30, 2013 at 6:21 pm | Reply
  4. Ivonne

I just saw this clip and I want to see the entire episode! When will it air again?

July 16, 2013 at 8:16 pm | Reply
  5. Diegom

This was an amazing hands on story, that is the only way one can understand the life and obstacles of the immigrants. Very few people try to even understand in detail what immigrants do, how they do it, why they do it.

I am from Honduras and I can share a bit on the why: people are getting killed for a simple smartphone in Honduras! the gangs are controlling the streets. The violence is unbelievable. A journalist kidnapped and then cut into pieces by criminal, it is out of control. I know many people trying to get out of Honduras, they preffer to take the risk. It is very sad.

A story on construction workers is also a must. Those guys work long hours in the heat without complaining. Just about every house build in the USA today has been touched by immigrants, amazing.

The USA should help people like Carlos, a smart person trying to improve his family life, trying to get an education, trying to become a lawyer. I was touched seeing Carlos phase while introducing his father to his teachers, he was so proud to show his father the place where is is getting an education, priceless.

I am an electrical engineer with a master degree. I know Carlos can become a lawyer if he wants to!

July 16, 2013 at 11:35 am | Reply
  6. LEE

Thank you for covering this story. I brought to light so many things I believe Congress – is forgetting when it comes to these people who worked as you did. Great Story!!!

July 15, 2013 at 7:02 pm | Reply
  7. Jennine

This story left me feeling ashamed of how we treat the people who put food on my table. My bubble is burst. Now watch me speak out.

Thank you for this story. It changed me.

July 15, 2013 at 4:49 pm | Reply
  8. Martin R. Romero M.D, FACEP

As a proud American Citizen and son of Visa Migrant field Workers from the 1960's, I thank you for bringing this truth to light. We have much work to do with the problem of immigration reform.
    Sincerely,
    Martin R. Romero M.D, FACEP
    Dipolomate of the American Board of Emergency Physicians.

July 15, 2013 at 1:57 am | Reply
  9. Amanda

Why did you not discuss how much money the money changers kept? It is a significant amount and failing to discuss it makes your entire report biased.

July 15, 2013 at 1:37 am | Reply
    • Diegom

Hello Amanda, the changers get a high porcentage of their check, but immigrants have no choice, they can't just go to a banck to cash it.

I usually send money to Honduras via moneygram, I pay about $10 to send $120, that is a high commission. I know use Xoom and I only pay $4.95.

Regardless, the commission stays here in the USA!

I dont think missing this component on this story makes it bias at all. They are many thinks that he could have elaborated but he has limited time.

July 16, 2013 at 11:43 am | Reply
      • Gbcree

That was very informative. Thank you.

August 12, 2013 at 11:04 pm |
  10. Adrian

Amazing work in tonights show! Props to CNN, Morgan S., Migrant workers, and Carlos and his family... I wish the best of luck to him and his family... Wish immigration reform happens this year, will have this show in mine when i too drink orange juice.
    -Suerte Carlos!

July 14, 2013 at 11:50 pm | Reply
  11. Vanessa

Thank you Morgan Spurlock, for this episode. Every time i eat a fruit at home i know where it could have came from. I give all my respect to the hispanics that work hard.

July 14, 2013 at 10:40 pm | Reply
  12. donnaelder

Why was Morgan driving the car/van without wearing a seat belt and the young man with him was not using his sealtbelt.

July 14, 2013 at 10:39 pm | Reply
  13. Anna

It is important to remember that immigrants are not only Mexicans.
    I'm Polish, would like to share my long emigration story, years of jobs no American wants to do, 2 degrees in the meantime, without possibility of employment. I was cleaner, babysitter, waitress, cook, housekeeper..... So many wasted years, for me for America – I could have been fully productive member of the society working in my profession, for my family who missed me for 17 years.
    Mr. Spurlock I have many interesting stories to share if you are interested in not only Spanish speaking illegal emigrants.

July 12, 2013 at 9:44 pm | Reply